2/11/11

Keeping it real




cardigan and jeans: target, shirt: loft, scarf: t.j.maxx (?), boots: target

I'll be honest, this cardigan was not in my original 30 items (gasp).  I have replaced a dress.  There was really no need for me to include 6 dresses in the mix, but there was a good reason for throwing another cardigan in there and that reason is called weather.  I didn't plan very well.  I have what I like to call "Heather's birthday syndrome" in which one forgets that it's still going to be cold in February.  I named this syndrome after my friend who optimistically plans outdoor events for her February 9th birthday.  
Also, my outfit isn't very inspiring today, but the light coming through my dining room window was, so I've tried to capture that for you guys.  I've provided an image below to show which dress will be put away.  (it's the one with the big red "x" through it, but wouldn't it be funny if it weren't?)

On another note:

Yesterday, Amy of the blog In My Closet tagged me in a post to receive 2 blogger awards


The requirement of these awards is for me to share 7 things about myself and then to tag 7 others to do the same.  So here goes:

1. I am getting married in 2 weeks from today (at a courthouse) and then having a family reception in April.
2. I have had type 1 diabetes since age 9 and take up to 5 shots a day.
3. I lived in a house with 3 very messy dudes in Newcastle, England for 10 months during college.  
4. I love moving.  The longest I've ever stayed in one place (even as a child) is about a year and a half- I've moved over 30 times in my 30 years.  
5. I detest mayonnaise.  More than anything in the world.
6. I can't pronounce the word mirror.  I spell it out instead (so i pronounce it m-i-r-r-o-r) or avoid saying it all together.  It can be a challenge.  In a store I have to sometimes ask a sales associate where I can see my reflection.
7.  I was a competitive swimmer for about 10 years of my life, but now I prefer running and biking.  About once a year though I crave long distance swimming. 

 And now I'd like to tag:

Melissa of Our Great Adventure
Laura of Laura Brock in the Burbs
Kimmie of Blue Paper Lanterns
Patty of Working it Out
Marie of Hand in Hand
Brittney of A Day in the Life Too
Danielle of Another Blog

I can't wait to learn more about these awesome girls!

8 comments:

  1. ahhh thanks for tagging me! I hope I can find 7 bloggers that haven't been tagged yet.... eek.

    PS has anyone ever told you that you look like the girl from Pushing Daises? I think you SO do. It's freaky. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295484/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks! i did this challenge a couple of weeks ago, and there's no way i can come up with 7 more things. i'm just not that interesting. :) but that's so sweet of you. and i'm DYING at how you asked where you could see your reflection. hah! so cute!
    and, yes, i totally noticed and appreciated the light coming in from your windows. ah sun. how much i love thee...
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! You're absolutely adorable and I love how you're styling your photos so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your scarf a lot, looks great with the cardigan.

    adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wyou have beautiful eyes!!and I love the scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW thanks for tagging me, Elisabeth!

    Wow I didn't know you were getting married SO SOON. Right in the middle of the 30 for 30? Did you include your wedding dress?? hahaha j/k.

    And Mirror is a stupid word. I can't pronounce the word "our" correctly, I say it as "ARRR" so when I say something like "Are our blah blah blah?" it's like "ARR ARR" and it makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kimmie- hahaha, you're like a pirate. I pronounce mirror like "mare." Enough people making fun and you just stop saying it. You could say "the things that belong to us." I love it.

    Oh and I didn't include my wedding outfit. I hope my fiance doesn't think my lack of commitment to the 30 for 30 will spill over...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Elisabeth! You tagged me (thanks) and I'm a bit late in getting back to you.... but, I will do my best to get my 7 items out to you soon. I really enjoy your blog and love watching and waiting to see what you will come up with next :) I hear Mr Pbr's parents were just in Orlando visiting with Andy and her family-- small world isn't it!

    ReplyDelete