2/10/11

(#)9 to 5 (and then some)



dress: land's end canvas, shoes: anne klein

Do you guys remember last week when I was raving about Land's End Canvas?  Well, this is the other dress I bought about a month or so ago (for $20!!!).  I've been loving wearing this all day long and then I got home and there was a hand addressed card in the mailbox for me and guess who it was from?  Land's End!  They were not offering me free clothing (which is what I was hoping for) but they did want to thank me for my recent purchases.  The thing was handwritten and personally addressed.  How amazing is that?  And it wasn't even a large purchase...  is that great customer service or what?  I love them.  Officially.  Okay, I'll stop cause it really does sound like I work there or like my grandpa owns it or something (i don't, he doesn't).

Today is one of those miserable days that I not only have to work 9-5, I have to go to my second job tonight.  I will be making fancy coffee drinks and pouring wine, so I'll leave my 30 pieces at home to spare them from the spillage.  Jeans and a t-shirt it is.  Does anyone else have a job that they prefer to slum it at?  (and by "slum it" I mean dress down, I'm sure there are some other perverse meanings of that term, but I being of such pure heart know nothing about them).

Oh and I've decided to give something away, because I think that is what we do here in blogland to help each other out.  I'm not sure what it will be though.  I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/10/2011

    I love that dress! land's end? really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of them to send a hand-written card! Anything hand-written is so rare these days.

    And the dress is SUPER cute. I love the colors and the pattern and the cut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have been seeing Lands End Canvas EVERYWHERE and this absolutely solidifies the fact that I need to get myself some o' that. That dress is purrrfect on you - why did I never think of trying an a-line shirt dress?!?! IN other news, I got the stylish and versatile blogger awards, and I tagged you to get them too! Check out my newest post to see whats up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, I love the dress! :) Good luck with the rest of 30 for 30, Im doing it too, and loving it! :)

    - www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. there was a story on npr a few months ago about retailers trying to be better about customer service and writing notes to people. they were talking about expensive purses though. it's cool that land's end is doing that and that you got one!

    ReplyDelete