2/3/11

cold and classic


shirt: ralph lauren, skirt :lands end canvas, shoes: nine west

You could not have paid me to stand outside to take an outfit picture today.  The weather man said it was in the 40s, but I swear he's off by about 30.  I've never been colder in my life.  Walking the dog was like... actually I have nothing to compare it to.  It was just cold.  Freezing cold.  Okay, I'm done complaining now.   

Can I just give a quick shout out to Lands' End Canvas?  I was positive this store was a mom store.  But about a month ago I was browsing on Shopstyle on my ipod in bed (this is my version of counting sheep: counting clothes) and everything that grabbed my eye was from there.  So I ordered this skirt and a dress that you'll see later on in the challenge and I finally drifted off to sleep and dreamed of being well styled.  Ha.  Well something like that.  Check out some of the stuff I've been admiring:



AND, they have some great sales.  I got my skirt for around $15 and my dress for about 20.  Just keep an eye out and maybe these pieces will be cheaper at the end of this challenge.  Just don't beat me to buying them, please.   I need those skirts for spring.  (note to Lands End Canvas:  I will keep up the sweet talk now and forever and I wear a size 6, thanks). 

3 comments:

  1. hello, I follow your blog. I've popped up before :) so I went to the thrift store yesterday and got a skirt from "Talbots" that has a similar cut to the last skirt that you posted :) And it hits right above the knee. I've realized skirts that hit below the knee for me don't look that great. Anyways here's a randomish comment. I love comments so I"m spreadin' the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like you should be frolicking around Paris! Oh, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara- I'm not graceful enough to frolick- try stomp. Stomping around Paris- now that's an image!

    ReplyDelete